Thursday 31 May 2012

Unwined- 29 Glasgow




If you're a fan of top class entertainment and a tipple or two, then you'll love Unwined. Set in the Network Bar of 29 Glasgow this is a laid back cabaret which - as 29 rightly put it - brings a taste of London's West End to life in the heart of Glasgow.

This was the second in a string of dates which showcases the talents of Edward Reid and his guest performers for the evening, Natalie Toyne and Alison Cleland.

The Network Bar  is just the most gorgeous space. It's so stylish and relaxing, with table service that can prove pretty dangerous after that first complementary vino (or maybe that's just me).



The show lasts approximately 2 hours with an interval which is a perfect amount of time. The songs performed were a good mix of  both ballads and more up beat songs, and the 3 performers were very funny and extremely talented. Some of my favourite performances from the night were:

Ailson singing 'I Can Do Better Than That' from the musical The Last 5 Years. I can really relate to this song and it's one of my favourite tracks from the soundtrack. I hope I am able to see this musical live at some point.



Natalie singing 'Your Daddy's Son' from Ragtime the musical. This is such an emotional song and has a way of capturing the audience from the first bar.



Edward singing 'My Way', which is a very uplifting song and you could tell he meant every word.




The next Unwined date is Sunday the 17th of June. If you're free, I would definitely suggest you get yourself down to 29, it's a really fun evening that will have you laughing, crying and up on your feet dancing by the end.












No comments: