Wednesday 8 June 2011

Legally and London in 24 hours

It’s the morning after my 24 hour stint in London and it was so fast I am sitting at my desk in work wondering if it really happened. After seeing Legally blonde the musical for my birthday back in February, I have spent the past 3 months frantically finding a space in the holiday calender at work to return. Unfortunately there were only 2 spare days I could take and rather than cutting my losses like a sane person, I decided I would travel 5 and a half hours to my favourite city for one night… And it was so worth it!

I love everything about London. I love the hussle and bussle, the polar attitudes of Londoners -where they can be the coldest people you ever meet if they are rushing for the tube, to the most friendliest locals if you meet them in a bar - . What I love most about London though, is the west end, and that was the sole purpose of my trip.

 Legally blonde was a musical that I had no rush to see, I had heard really good reports, but for some reason I didn’t have the urge to book. When I finally got round to seeing it I was hooked. And seeing it for the second time was even more brilliant than the first. I unfortunately did not get to see Sheridan Smith in the roll, but Susan Mcfadden wowed me in every way. She portrays Elle perfectly and her voice is incredible. The soundtrack is so catchy and if you don’t know the songs before you go, you will certainly know them when you leave.


The whole cast have every single movement and facial expression down to a tee and never fail to be anything but professional. This combined with the epic sets and colour explosion of pink in the costumes, makes this musical a recipe for success and will guarantee to leave you in the best mood when you leave. *snaps*

No comments: