Saturday 18 June 2011

Distance is no friend of mine

I am in a pit of theatre depression today. There's so much going on south of the border and I can't attend because I live in "sunny" Scotland, and national express have decided to increase their train prices - don't they know who they are dealing with?.

Today marks Alex Gaumonds last 2 performances as Emmett Forrest in Legally blonde. I think i'm in the minority when I say that Emmett wasn't one of my favourite characters from the musical, but Alex played the part perfectly and going by the tweets in my timeline, he will be sorely missed. Lee Mead is to take over from Alex, and after not being impressed with his take on Fiyero in Wicked, i'm slightly nervous to see what he will do with this role.

The yearly London showcase event, west end live (www.westendlive.co.uk) is also this weekend. This event gives the west end a chance to show the public what it has to offer, showing performances from over 20 top productions. I'm extremely disappointed that I can't go this year and will be making it my mission to attend next year.

Being jealous of every ones excitement for one or both of these events I have decided to book last minute tickets to see Jekyll and Hyde tonight. Having never seen the show before I am looking forward to the element of surprise and getting my theatre fix at the same time.

No comments: