Wednesday 14 August 2013

Theatre Favourites - August


Album :
 My favourite album this month is Acoustic By Candlelight by Kerry Ellis and Brian May. When you combine a West End superstar and a rock legend you would naturally expect the outcome to be great. But this album really strips back some of the songs the duo are best known for and showcases them in a completely new way. Recorded live from their Born Free tour we are treated to a range of tracks (including the very catchy single 'The Kissing Me Song') and even some of their chat in between songs. This is a great chill out album and if you haven't picked this up already- what you waiting for?

Show:
9 to 5 returned to Glasgow for this second time this tour and after loving it the first time I simply had to grab some more tickets. This is such a feel good show that really makes me want to get up off my butt and make things happen. Great score, great cast and an all round great night out- love it!


Performer 
Keeping it in the 9 to 5 family this month my favourite performer is Natalie Casey. I have seen Natalie perform a few times now but her take on Judy Bernley (the recently single, office newbie) really blew me away.


 Random:
 Radio Jiblets is a radio station dedicated to showtunes, and the best part about it? The audience get to choose the tracks!! It has become a Monday night tradition of mine to dig out my hair brush (to use as a mic of course) and be stagey for 2 hours. Check out their twitter for details of the next show and how to get involved : twitter.com/radiojiblets


No comments: